Monday, January 17, 2011

Pattern Sale!

Everyone loves a sale. And, people who sew particularly love a pattern sale. If you aren't aware patterns are pricey. Butterwick, McCalls, Simplicity can cost around $17. Vogue patterns can cost twice that much.


Joann's is the local fabric store. The only fabric store in Fort Lauderdale. They have sales every week, or so it seems. So, if you time it well, you can get what you want at a discounted price. This Sunday they had Simplicity patterns on sale for $1. Who can resist that?


Even though that is a bargain price I wasn't going to buy a whole bunch of patterns just because they were on sale. I flipped through the catalogue and wrote down the numbers of the patterns I was interested in. Then I went to the drawers and pulled out each pattern, took a better look and decided if I really wanted that style, and I did not already have something like it. I filtered the stack down to five patterns. I was a bit iffy about one of them - I like the cut out on the back but didn't care for the rest of the dress - but since it was only $1 I included it.


At the checkout my bill was $5.30 (with tax). Joann's lists the savings on the sale...$82.00 can you believe it! Now that's something to smile about.

No comments:

Post a Comment