Friday, January 14, 2011

New Running Shoes

When I thought about starting this blog I made a mental provision for running shoes. As any athlete knows, there are some pieces of equipment that are required. For a runner that would be proper performance shoes.

I usually buy 3-4 pairs of running shoes each year, depending on the amount of running I do. Typically, a pair of shoes will last 300-500 miles, depending on weight of runner, style of running, running surface, etc.

My favorite shoe, and the one I've been wearing almost since I started running three years ago, is Brooks Adrenaline. For me, I can put on a brand new pair and run 10+ miles without any problems.

Well-made, quality running shoes start around $100 and go up, so I'm always aware of any sales so that I can save myself 20% or more. Sometimes there is a Brooks day at my local running store and other times I just wait for the January sales, Thanksgiving sales, Labor day sales,.... I also receive e-mail flyers from Running Warehouse and, since I know which shoe brand, make and size, I'm happy to purchase online. Plus they have free shipping and free returns!

Last weekend I completed the Disney Goofy Challenge - that's where you run a half marathon on Saturday and a full marathon on Sunday.  I definitely needed new shoes after the training runs and the actual races. Lucky for me a received an email from Running Warehouse with a 40% off shoe sale...including Brooks Adrenaline. I ordered the shoes and they arrived while I was in Orlando, which was fine because I returned home to a package waiting for me with a lovely new pair of running shoes inside. A wonderful way to celebrate my Goofy Challenge accomplishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment