Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Purchases!!!

Buying clothes on January 2nd after deciding to go on a clothes diet is just like eating a whole cheesecake two days after deciding to eat low fat food. Not a good start?

Here's what happened: I was in Walmart picking up some salad items for my mum, who is arriving tomorrow for a long visit. I also needed a sieve. To get to the kitchen supplies I had to walk past the clothes section (Walmart knows our weaknesses and make sure they are front and center). I happen to see a long-sleeved white t-shirt for $7. I had wanted...and I would say 'needed'...a white long-sleeved t-shirt for some time. I tend to wear them under short-sleeved t-shirts in cold weather, but have mainly pinks and purples. The only neutral color I have is black. I thought for the price that this was something I couldn't pass up and bought a white and grey one.






Feeling a few pangs of guilt over my purchases after having committed to slim down my wardrobe I decided that I would throw out two t-shirts in exchange for the new ones. This didn't take me long - out went a plain short-sleeved brown V-neck tee and a green scoop-neck tee. I hadn't worn either one since...I can't remember when. Off to charity they will go.

No comments:

Post a Comment